Legal Malpractice Defense Attorneys in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
New Jersey and Pennsylvania Lawyers Defending Clients Against Legal Malpractice Claims
Our law firm represents attorneys and law firms who are the defendants in NJ and PA legal malpractice cases. At Thomas Paschos & Associates, P.C., our Pennsylvania and New Jersey legal malpractice attorneys handle claims against lawyers made by clients who believe that their lawyer or law firm was negligent or did not treat them fairly. These can be difficult cases, as the consequences of a loss can affect an attorney’s career. We mount vigorous defenses and advise clients on how to avoid similar professional liability claims in the future.
Our PA & NJ legal malpractice attorneys undertake to defend other lawyers and law firms from malpractice claims involving allegations of:
- Missing filing deadlines.
- Failure to properly apply the law.
- Inadequate discovery and investigation.
- Failure to obtain client consent.
- Clerical errors.
- Poor communication.
- Lost files.
- Failure to follow instructions.
- Conflicts of Interest.
- Inadequate settlements.
Although unhappy clients bring charges like these and others against lawyers in all practice areas, most occur in areas that involve real estate, divorce and family law, personal injury, wills, trust and probate, and collections and bankruptcy. Our PA and NJ legal malpractice defense attorneys are knowledgeable about these areas of practice, an important consideration for you when deciding to work with a malpractice defense lawyer. Knowing the underlying legal issues is an important part of defending legal malpractice cases.
Strong and Effective Representation Against Legal Malpractice Claims in New Jersey & Pennsylvania
Our lawyers carefully and thoroughly investigate the legal malpractice claim and develop the right defense for the circumstances. We have successfully used defenses that include answers to questions such as:
- Was there actually an attorney-client relationship?
- What was the scope of representation that the parties agreed to?
- Does the plaintiff have a different idea about the facts of the case?
- Would the plaintiff have won the case if the lawyer had not made the alleged mistake?
- Can actual damages be proved?
- Was the malpractice claim filed within the time limits specified by the statute of limitations?
The bottom line is that attorney malpractice is not simply a matter of a client not liking the outcome of a case. He or she must prove that they have standing to bring such a claim and that the attorney’s mistakes affected the outcome of the case. Our PA and NJ legal malpractice defense lawyers are adept at making sure that the plaintiff answers questions like these.
How Our NJ and PA Legal Malpractice Defense Lawyers Can Help You
Our Pennsylvania and New Jersey legal malpractice attorneys will defend you against legal malpractice claims by:
- Appearing at bar grievance hearings.
- Representing you in lawsuits and judicial hearings.
- Helping you with licensing matters.
- Representing you in negotiations, litigation, and any other dealings with the New Jersey or Pennsylvania bar.
Contact Our Pennsylvania and New Jersey Legal Malpractice Attorneys Today
If you have been charged with legal malpractice in NJ or PA, contact our legal malpractice defense lawyers for help. Call the law firm of Thomas Paschos & Associates, P.C. or contact us online. With offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Haddonfield, New Jersey, we advocate for lawyers charged with malpractice throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The skilled members of our legal team have over 130 years of combined experience.