Employment Defense for Companies in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
Employment Law Attorneys Defending Companies Against Workplace Lawsuits in PA and NJ
The most important assets of any business organization are its employees. It is important to nurture those assets by following the state and federal laws that govern the relationship between management and labor. In many instances, however, understanding a manager’s rights and responsibilities under the law can be a challenge. Even one small misunderstanding or act based on incomplete knowledge can push the company into time-consuming, expensive, and counterproductive complaints and litigation.
One way to avoid legal violations and adhere to employment laws in New Jersey or Pennsylvania is to have ongoing compliance advice and training. At Thomas Paschos & Associates, P.C., our NJ and PA employment law attorneys provide employment defense for companies in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We also offer compliance counseling to employers, and we help management resolve day-to-day problems with employees as they arise, with the goal of avoiding full-blown grievances in the future. When businesses work with our employment lawyers in this way, they find that our proactive approach saves them time and money and helps them build stronger relationships with employees.
New Jersey & Pennsylvania Employment Lawyers Defending Companies Against Litigation and Promoting Workplace Productivity
A safe workplace that adheres to the relevant state and federal employment statutes is a productive workplace. However, a CEO, owner or manager who takes the time to learn all the rules and regulations related to employees is often taking time away from the real job of running the business. That is why many companies in Pennsylvania and New Jersey turn to our law firm for advice and counsel about federal laws such as:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) that governs matters such as overtime and minimum wage.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) that sets and enforces standards for health and safety in the workplace.
- Workers’ Compensation Program that pays employees who are injured while working.
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) that sets standards for private employer-provided pension and health care plans.
- Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) that regulates labor unions and their officers’ relationship with employers.
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act that protects the employment status of active-duty and reserve military employees.
- Consumer Credit Protection Act (CPCA) that protects American consumers from abusive credit practices.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) that requires businesses covered by the law to give employees unpaid leave and job protection for qualified medical and family reasons.
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA) that protects farmworkers in areas such as wage payment, recruiting practices, housing, and more.
We also work with employers to ensure compliance with New Jersey and Pennsylvania labor and employment regulations. In matters involving either state or federal law, our employment litigation attorneys help business clients deal with disputes effectively and quickly. We work on matters involving:
- Employee relations.
- Executive appointments and severance.
- Disputes involving the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Labor unions.
- Alleged discrimination.
- Issues related to employee benefits.
- Writing procedure manuals, contracts, non-compete, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Drafting Mandatory Arbitration Agreements in accordance with the recent US Supreme Court decision known as Epic Systems.
We make sure that all written materials are clear and concise so that all parties involved understand the intent and meaning of each and every document. This reduces disputes and provides managers and companies with the support they need to be effective.
Contact Our New Jersey and Pennsylvania Attorneys for Effective and Prompt Representation of Companies in Employment Law Matters
Call Thomas Paschos & Associates, P.C. to schedule a consultation about proactively defending management in an employment law matter in New Jersey or Pennsylvania. You may also contact us online. With offices in Haddonfield, NJ and Philadelphia, PA, our law firm serves business clients in both states. We have over 130 years of combined experience.